As a developer, I have had experience working on both front and back end systems for web based software. With extensive experience in ecommerce, and a recent focus in SaaS and security, I have developed the skills needed to design, plan, and implement the delivery of software to market.
- Search Engine Optimization – I have experience achieving rankings for targeted keywords.
- Search Engine Marketing – Managing multiple SEM campaigns. Both search and contextual, CPC and CPM.
- Conversion Optimization – Using testing platforms such as Google Website Optimizer to increase conversion rates.
- Cart Size Building – Implementing marketing and web design techniques to increase cart size.
- Email Marketing – Planning, developing and managing email campaigns.
- Analytics – Understand what statistics mean, which to pay attention to, and how to measure improvement.
Development and Administration
- Linux Operating System – installation and configuration of servers and workstations, networking essentials
- Apache Web Server – installation, configuration, and administration
- PHP – installation, configuration, programming, OOP, shell scripting
- mySQL – installation, configuration, database design and administration
- XML – creating and parsing XML files to move data, and communicate with web services.
- Ruby on Rails – development and maintenance of web applications written using the Rails Framework.
- Erlang – development and maintenance of http REST APIs and network services
UI Lead, Platform Services, Alert Logic
May 2011 – Present
As the UI Lead, Platform Services at Alert Logic, I am responsible for leading the team developing the next generation services and modular framework that will allow us to deliver multiple unique products in a consistent user interface. We are creating a platform that abstracts out issues of scale, performance, data access and consistency, input and output validation, access control, and other common functionality to a set of easily used and implemented standards, controls and APIs.
Senior Developer, Alert Logic
February 2008 – May 2011
IT Director, Global Healing Center, Inc.
May 2005 – January 2008
As the IT director, I was responsible for a staff that managed over twenty websites. I was ultimately responsible for all internet marketing, website design, server administration, and web related hardware and software. While at Global Healing Center, I was also instrumental in making significant changes to increase revenue, including launching a completely redesigned website, implementing a new customer retention email campaign, and making changes to the product line up and shopping cart that resulted in a cart size increase of over 30%.
IT Director, SpaceCenter Systems, Inc.
November 2003 – May 2005
As the IT director, I was responsible for two PHP/mySQL ecommerce web sites, multiple mySQL databases, the internal network(Windows Server 2003 domain) and all internal issues, as well as managing ppc campaigns at pricing comparison sites such as shopping.com. I managed a staff of computer technicians, and was ultimately responsible for customer technical support and the computer service department.
Independent Web Developer
November 2001 – Present
Working as an independent contractor, I have completed a number of projects. From simple HTML designs to complex PHP and mySQL driven sites, I have written custom applications and modified existing code depending on client need.
Web hosting Support Technician / Server Administrator, Everyone’s Internet / Rackshack.net
September 2000 – November 2001
At EV1, I supported Cobalt RAQ servers running Redhat Linux 6. I was responsible for supporting customer issues with server software such as Apache, Sendmail, mySQL, and inetd, as well as BIND and proFTPd. Other responsibilities included installing system software, kernel configuration, hardware support, and maintaining servers at a collocation facility.
Zend Certified Engineer
San Jacinto College
January 2002 – December 2004
Hours Completed: 61.00 GPA: 3.88
I have put my education on hold due to the increasing time demands of work and family. I need only 8 credit hours to finish my AA in Mathematics, and plan to begin studying towards a Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree once completed.
Disc Jockey, KTRU
In 1994 I founded the KTRU Spoken Word Show. I was responsible for running the station per FCC guidelines, scheduling guests and doing public service announcements, as well as reading poetry and prose on the air, conducting on air interviews with prominent writers, promoting local and national events, and encouraging the free expression of artists on the radio.
Houston Representative, Austin International Poetry Festival
As the local contact for this international event, I was directly responsible for the poetry community in Houston’s involvement in the festival. Among my many duties were organizing contact information, scheduling readings, and arranging lodging and transportation for the participants.